Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 47: Last Sunday

Today was our last day at church in London. It was quite an adventure to get to church today… we normally take the tube to a train station which then takes us to church. We left at 9 AM like we always do, to catch a 9:40 train to our church that starts at 10:30 AM. However, when at the train station, we realized that due to torrential downpour and signaling problems, none of the trains were calling at the station closest to our church building. After trying to figure out what to do, we took a train to a nearby station and then walked to the bus stop to catch a bus to church. We were walking through the rain which was beating down on us. We were running late and Madeline and I were stressed because we both had to give talks! When on the bus, we actually met a woman who was going to our church building as well! It was a tender mercy because she was then able to guide us to the bhulding. What a blessing! We arrived at 11 just as the Sacrament was ending. Madeline and I went up to the stand, wet (even though we had all our rain gear), and the Bishop just asked us to bear our testimonies due to a problem with scheduling talks---he had scheduled too many.  It was quite the ordeal!


But what a bittersweet day it was. I truly have grown to love everyone in the Clapham Common ward. I am going to miss my primary kids so much and all the sweet members there. They have changed my life. A very kind Nigerian sister in our ward even bought each of us these beautiful dresses like the ones she wears so we can remember her. These amazing members have accepted us into the ward with open arms and so much kindness. I cannot express my love and gratitude for each and every one of them.

Selfie on the rainy train! 


Selfie in the rain


With our primary leaders


Me and cute Sharon


With the missionaries 


Outside the chapel


A lovely lady in our ward gave us these beautiful African dresses!

That evening, we had dinner and then we had a little “testimony”/expression of our thoughts about London meeting with the whole program. I have grown to love these girls so very much and it is going to be very hard to leave them. I am grateful for what they’ve taught me through their great examples and the friendship and kindness they've each offered. 

xoxo,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment