Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 1: LONDON

After an incredibly long day and night travelling to London, I finally made it! I left SLC at 2 pm, went through JFK on a 4 hour flight, and then flew overnight to London on a 6 and 1/2 hour flight. I slept very minimally, but they fed us both dinner and breakfast, which was pretty awesome. I met up with some girls in my program on my flight and so that was really nice not travelling alone. We made it to London at 11 am! Of course that was on their time, so the jet lag immediately set in. But thankfully, it wasn't too bad. After going through customs and getting our baggage, we finally got out of the airport.

We took the Tube to the London Centre. Thankfully it was very easy to navigate! We made the trip in about 40 minutes.
First time on the Tube with one of my roommates Brooke! 

We arrived at the London Centre about 1:30 and got all squared away with our program directors, checking in, getting some instructions, and moving into our rooms. I have 8 roommates and it's already been a blast!

The Centre is seriously gorgeous!! It's this beautiful town home that they've converted into dorm rooms, classrooms, and common rooms. Pictures to come!
Outside the London Centre! 

Lovely ladies



We spent the afternoon doing various things. The first thing we did was pick up our Oyster card which is our pass for the Tube. Then we went on a walk around the area to familiarize ourselves with the neighborhood. Seriously, I have never seen so many cute flats, shops, and cafes. It is such a unique place to be!
Obligatory tourist selfie! 

Some fruit in the market

Such a cute house!

Afterwards, we headed back to the Centre where I served on the kitchen crew. We got everything set up for dinner, then we had a short devotional and ate dinner! We had tortilla soup and some bread. Then we worked on cleaning up the kitchen area. Afterwards, we wandered through Hyde Park and went down to Piccadilly Circus, where we explored some of the shops and streets. It was such a gorgeous day! I could not have asked for a more perfect first day in London!!

Kensington Palace!

On the Tube

Enjoying the city with roommates Rachel, Brooke, and Austen

I'm so excited to see what's in store for the remainder of our days!! :)

xoxo,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment