Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 3: Tower of London

Rachel, Austen, and I all started the day with a run through Hyde Park. It was a gorgeous morning and it was so fun! This morning we toured the Tower of London! It was super interesting---it's basically this historical castle that has served a lot of functions over the years! One of the highlights was the Crown Jewels. They were seriously so stunning. I was in awe! We couldn't take pictures inside, but I promise they are beautiful!

Building that housed the Crown Jewels

Gina and I

Other highlights from the Tower of London include: the White Tower (a museum for the armory),

Can you imagine wearing this armor?! 

Beauchamp Tower (which held famous prisoners), 
While imprisoned, they made this intricate carvings! 

and finally we made a new friend! 

Rachel and I with a Yeoman warder

Oh, and Brooke and I wore our matching rain coats today!! :) 


We went on another walk through the city today. We saw the walls of Londinium and lots of other historical sites. One of my favorites was Christ's Church. It was this beautiful chapel we saw!

After dinner and doing our kitchen crew, some of the girls and I went to pick up some things at various stores, then went and got ice cream!


 I could not feel more blessed to be here right now!!! 

xoxo,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment