Happy Independence Day!
Of course, it's not a very big deal over here in England...haha. But today was a holiday at the BYU London Centre! It was really nice--we had no classes, no assignments, no schedule to follow!
This morning we slept in! Okay it was only until like 8 am. But still, it was really nice. Rachel, Brooke, and I went for a run through Hyde Park and Kensington to start off the day. It was such a good run!
We went to get Wicked tickets this morning, then went on a walk for one of our classes. It was a really fun one because we went to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Parliament. Basically, it was all the big tourist sites, but we quite enjoyed it.
Our first time on the bus...it was slightly terrifying but cool none the less
Classic tourist picture, but whatever. Big Ben's pretty cool I guess.
The House of Parliament is such a beautiful building
The London Eye
Tonight, we celebrated Independence Day in style... we went and saw WICKED!! Of course I've seen it quite a few times already, but this was an incredible performance. The woman who played Elphaba was absolutely amazing. She was the best Elphaba I've ever seen. She's supposed to be the Idina Menzel of Europe, so she was very impressive.
I am still in shock that I'm here in London! It is so exciting!
xoxo,
Mallory
No comments:
Post a Comment