Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 25: Camden Market, Opera, and Night Life in London!

Today was a really long day, but it was super enjoyable! 

We started the day with an early morning run through Hyde Park! It was really humid out because of the rain we've gotten recently, but it was still good. Speaking of rain... the weather here has been so warm! It's kind of crazy--everyone says it rains in London all the time. We've only had a few rainy days! Most of the days here have been sunny and warm. Of course, not really that warm because I'm from Texas which is far hotter more humid, but still it's been nice to have the sun out! 

We spent the morning at Camden Market. Going to markets has become my favorite Saturday morning activity. There are so many cool shops and things to buy... plus the food is fantastic. You can't beat it! That's one thing I love about London... the food is so diverse and so unique! 

There was a really pretty canal at Camden!

THOSE DONUTS THOUGH.

We had Turkish wraps for lunch...they were positively divine!

Lunch selfie!

Ben's Cookies

After our adventures in the market, we went to the Royal Opera House where we attended the opera La Boheme. I'd never been to an opera before and it was quite the experience! It was beautifully staged and had such incredibly talented performers. It was interesting because it was all in Italian with superscripts in English. I enjoyed it a lot! 

From our seats in the ampitheatre

We went down to the stalls to see the entire theatre--it was beautiful!

Opera selfie, naturally

After the opera, we went to the Imperial War Museum. We didn't have a ton of time in there because it was close to their closing time, but the little we did see was super interesting. 

Rachel and I with a UN medical vehicle

A window pane from 9/11

A piece of the Berlin Wall 

We went to dinner that night at Nando's which we had been craving all day! We spent the evening walking along the Thames and enjoying some of the pretty night scenes of London!



I seriously love these girls. And Big Ben is cool too I guess... 

xoxo,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment