Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 8: Julius Caesar

This morning, Rachel, Brooke, and I started off the day with a run through Hyde Park. It was yet another beautiful morning in London! We had classes today and had to work on some homework this afternoon, but Rachel and I still made time to run to the post office and get some Swiss ice cream!! 

After dinner, we headed over to the Globe to watch Julius Caesar. It was seriously one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. First, the Globe itself has been reconstructed to match the 1599 design, so it is very archaic and super interesting. There is a "yard"--basically standing room which is where we were, as well as some seats. The stage was very close and intimate to where we were standing. It is an open-roof theater, so that's way cool because we were under the evening sky. 

The performance itself was incredible. I was absolutely blown away. I've always enjoyed reading this particular play, but after seeing it performed in such a beautiful manner, I feel as though I appreciate it so much more. The actors were fantastic, the costumes beautiful, and the whole ambiance was really great.

Kim and I outside the Globe

Selfie inside the theatre! 

Inside the Globe! 

London is even gorgeous at night! 

That's all for today! 

xoxo,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment